Sunday, January 20, 2013

Ireland!

This morning as the snow continues to fall in London I am here to share with you my last few days. Everything except the helicopter crash I shall leave that part out. This will be a multi post event. As I need to tell you about Ireland, Tate Museum of Modern Art, my 4 mile run, Harry Potter world London, Borough Market, and Windsor Castle. Once I have hit all those points you will all be caught up on my adventures through London.

Ireland is beautiful and I ate so much good food there that I think I gained like 5lbs. However I will tell you it was all worth it. I have promised myself to run atleast twice a week and start my strength training again when I get back to the states and have a gym to go to. (Sorry not London adventures)

While in Ireland I went to the Garden of Remembrance, the Ireland national museum of art, National Geographic Ireland Museum of Photography, Temple Bar area, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Guinness Storehouse, and the Old Jameson Distillery. I drank more in one day then I have in a month I think.

The Guinness Storehouse will allow you to pour your perfect pint. It was really cool I have never been a bar tender or pour a pint of beer before that didn't come out of a pitcher! At the distillery I was one or eight chosen to do a whiskey taste testing. Jameson prides itself on being distilled 3 times which is why it is so smooth. So we had a shot of Jameson, a shot of Johnny Walker, and a shot of Jack Daniels. Now I am not a whiskey drinker but I can say the Jameson was not my favorite. It burned to much on the way down and I could feel it in my nose. Though I don't know if this is just because as a graduate student I am use to drinking cheap liquor or if that is how I really feel about it. Maybe I'll do a taste test of my own.
I shall let the pictures speak for themselves in the Land of churches.



  











 











After 2 drinking tours and a few sleepless nights i can say that I had a magnificent time getting lost in Dublin. Though as in London things in Dublin close earlier than one would think...like 7:00 on a Saturday night. But it was a great time and I can not wait to go back again. 

I am off to Camden market to buy some food for the week I hope! I'll be back a little later to write a few more posts. Enjoy your Sunday everyone and keep clocking miles! 

-Felicia 
 



4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing!!
    A very good friend of mine is from Ireland , but I never got the chance to visit while overseas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a beautiful place and if you ever get a chance to go take it!

      Delete
  2. Ireland sounds amazing, I have always wanted to go! All of your adventures sound great (minus the helicopter thing). Your pictures are awesome, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for sticking with me even though this has become a non running blog for a few weeks! I promise we will go back as soon as I hit the states

      Delete