Wednesday, May 8, 2013

HA!

So things in this life haven't been so great the last couple of weeks. Between changing/putting my life back together, finals, and coming home it has been a long road. But with that aside I have done some pretty great stuff, hung out with the family, donated blood, and took a yoga class.
Yesterday was suppose to be a 4 mile day, however on Monday I donated a pint of blood which meant that 4 miles was a loft goal. I didn't realize that donating a pint of blood the day before a run was going to cause me to only make it .5 miles running before my body considered hitting the pavement in a heap. So I walked 1.5 miles to get home and totaled out at 2 miles.

This morning I decided to try something new. Since it is going to be a pretty trying and hard day on my patience and emotions I decided to go to yoga. My church here at home offers 3 yoga classes on Wednesday for $10. I decided to go to the 9:00 am class so that I had plenty of time to get everything else finished before my 7:00pm appoint. Yes I know there is like 10 hours between there but trust me I need the mental prep time. Yoga is fun! I had never take a class before but coming from a dance background made it a lot easier. I knew already the correct ways to hold my foot or how far to stretch before it is to far. And the woman who taught the class was so nice! She is the wife of the head pastor of the church. She gave me direct instruction and compliments since I had never done it before. She also helped me lay out all my blocks and blankets for what she was going to teach that day. Lastly because it was so nice out today we practiced outside instead of in the sanctuary! Listening to the birds chirp and the wind blow lightly while you stretch and work on stability is nice.

I hope everyone is having a good week! Talk to you all again soon. Tomorrow is a run day as long as the storms hold off.

-Felicia

No comments:

Post a Comment