Friday, August 22, 2014

Training Proogram Selected

As the title says I have selected a training program. I have decided to go with the Hal Higdon Novice 1 training program. I looked at a bunch of options and decided that this one fit into my everyday life and was the most flexible when it came to having to move runs around. Because I work freelance sometimes my long runs need to be on Fridays and sometimes they need to be on Saturdays and this program allows me to move long runs around between Friday, Saturday, and Sunday due to the fact that scheduled Friday is a rest day, Saturday is cross training, and Sunday is long run.

This week we are in right now my long run will be tomorrow Saturday and I am hoping to hit the 2 mile mark so that when I start in on the Higdon training I am right up to mileage. Next week my long run will be on Friday because on Saturday morning I will be driving to LosAngeles to see the Chinese Theater as well as the walk of Fame and then flying back to Missouri.

Ok so I have included the plan I will be following as well as the link to the Hal Higdon website because he has a bunch of training programs for all different distances.
http://www.halhigdon.com/ 
 Have a great weekend everyone!

-Felicia

No comments:

Post a Comment