Last week I wrote a pretty straight forward post about my weight and how I feel about it. Today one week later I am here to report how it is going and what I will be changing to make it better.
I still weigh a thrilling 170lbs but I feel a little better about it because I know I am doing something to try and make it better.
1) Eating after 7:30pm...This has gone pretty well except for Tuesday night when we loaded out onto a sleeper bus. That night I ate half of a publix sub...which is one of my favorites...but only half instead of a whole which is a step in the right direction.
2) No alcohol for the next month...I don't know who I was kidding thinking I could go alcohol free while I was on tour it's kind of our only social interaction. I have however cut it back significantly. Instead of a beer every night after work I had drinks two night this week, once for an engagement party and once because the house crew asked us out.
3) 30 mins cardio at least 4 times a week. Friday 3-18, 2mile run for 30 mins. Monday 3-21 one 15min run and 2 15 min walks for a total of 45mins of cardio just broken up. Thursday 3-24 2.25 miles for 31 mins....Okay so I only made it three times this week but 3 is a good start better than zero.
4) Eating more healthy things and less bad things. I have absolutely eaten more greens and fruits, I have not however started eating less grains...sometimes break is hard to avoid when someone else purchases some of your meals for you.
Okay so on to what I'd like to keep working on this week/ what to add to the list to make it easier.
5) Write down what I eat/drink to see when the hardest times are for being healthier.
6) Specifically eat less sugar.
7) Educate myself on proper weight lifting techniques for someone my size and stature. So that when I return to NYC I can start working on strength and on just cardio.
There you have it folks, my progress, my downfalls, and my plans. Have a great week.