Thursday, June 6, 2013

Two Runs One Post

Two runs one post. 

Tuesday I ran Station One of the Get LOST Running series and lets just say i might not be as smart as I thought. As you all I am sure know a 4K is 2.5 miles, and as you can see I apparently thought it was 2.9 miles. (And can I just say those last 4/10th of a mile where killer) 
The point of the series is to run trails, or beaches well since I live in a land locked state that makes a beach impossible, however the amount of flooding in the state of Missouri has also made trails impossible right now which means I ran the neighborhood. The neighborhood is full of old trees that provide shade on the wrong side of the street from the side walk. Have you ever noticed that the sidewalk is always in the sun no matter where you are. I will say though with the rain we have had the heat and humidity have stayed away which I praise the Lord for because in July it will not be that way, you will instead hear me whining about how hot it is and how I wish it was winter time again.

 The other thing about this run is that I was trying out some new clothes. Yep you heard right I finally broke down and bought a few new pairs of running short and tops. The shorts I think I hate but I trying to get use to them but the top I love. The shorts are to short for me my thighs rub together when they get hot and I hate it! My sister suggested that I go buy a pair of biker shorts of another fun color to wear under them which would indeed solve the problem. The top on the other hand was awesome! It is bright colored, fit well, and has vents in all the right places. I will indeed be wearing this one often this summer!


Run number two was this morning. This morning started out a little rough sometimes you just have days, but I laced up and put on my new tank top.
This morning I covered 3.1 miles or a 5K depending on how you like to talk about it. The first 2 miles weren't so  bad my legs felt good and my breathing was pretty solid. The last mile however everything just fell apart. Does that ever happen to you? I couldn't breathe and my legs felt like I had tied bricks onto my feet. But I pushed on, something yoga has taught me in the last few weeks is that if you can breathe through the pain and discomfort on the mat/road you can breathe through the pain and discomfort of life. This might be my new motto. We shall see. 

 
 The other thing this morning is this great new Nike tank top I bought! (Not sure why the picture keeps loading sideways) Tank tops are a new article of clothing for me when it comes to running. I must say I enjoy this one. It is super soft and kept me dry through my whole run though I did find when I got home that the shirt itself was soaked!

Everything I bought I bought at Marshall's...it was a bad day for my checkbook but I great day for summer running! Have a great day everyone!!!!

-Felicia 






No comments:

Post a Comment